Mama Mia's Mac Salad
Tips from MamaMia:
- Make the Mac Juice early so it can rest and absorb the flavors.
- When chopping bell peppers make sure to clean out all seeds.
- Use fresh seasonings especially the black pepper.
- Use a good quality finely shredded cheese
- 2 ¼ C Mayonnaise
- 1 ¾ C Sour Cream
- 1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- ½ Tbs Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ¾ C white sugar
- 1/3 C Cider Vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- Mix all ingredients in large container starting with the wet ingredients and stirring in the dry.
- Refrigerate and let rest for a couple hours.
- Save some juice to refresh the next day’s leftovers or to add a little goodness to anything. This is a great base for recipes
- 2 large purple onions diced
- 2 large green bell peppers diced
- 3 Cups shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 5 Cups large pasta shell noodles
- Salt the water before boiling the noodles.
- Add noodles and 1 Tbs oil to keep noodles from sticking together.
- Mix it all together and serve hot or cold.