Pork Bulgogi and Coconut Ginger Rice
What you’ll need
2 Prairie Fresh® Natural pork tenderloins
1 bottle bulgogi marinade Korean BBQ sauce
1 cup coconut cream
1 ounce fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced
1.5 ounces palm sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups jasmine rice
15-20 wooden skewers
1/4 cup fried garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce
fresh cilantro, Thai basil or sweet basil, optional for garnish
How to prepare
- Slice pork tenderloins in half. Slice tenderloins lengthwise into 1/2" thick strips. Each tenderloin should yield 6-8 strips.
- Place pork slices between parchment paper and pound until approximately 1/4" thick.
- Place pork in a zip-close bag, add 1 bottle of bulgogi marinade. Marinate 12 to 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 1 hour before grilling to prevent burning.
- In a saucepan, combine 3 cups water, 1/2 cup coconut cream, palm sugar, ginger and salt. Simmer on medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove ginger slices from broth.
- Cook jasmine rice according to package directions, replacing the water with the ginger coconut cream broth.
- Using two wooden skewers parallel to each other, skewer marinated pork pieces. This will help keep pork flat while grilling.
- Grill pork over direct heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees and pork is well-charred.
- Serve grilled bulgogi pork over rice and garnish with fried garlic and basil (or cilantro), drizzle with remaining coconut cream and soy sauce.
Photo: Prairie Fresh